Have an Idea for An Article?
We are interested in articles written by city officials. We don’t feature or promote products, services or companies in editorial copy - for such promotions please contact the advertising manager.
Before you begin writing, we recommend that you contact us to discuss your story idea. You can reach the editor, Ms. Jude Hudson, by phone at (916) 658-8234 or by e-mail to present your idea.
What We’re Looking For
- Features that cover several dimensions of a strategic issue
- Short items showcasing city success stories (for the Economies, Efficiencies and Darned Good Ideas section)
See our Editorial Calendar for scheduled topics.
Follow These Guidelines
Keep length to 1250 words or less for a feature article; 400 words or less for short items
- Use practical examples
- Use quotes from key people involved in the project or issue
- Include tips for city officials interested in doing something similar in their community
- Provide author’s name, title, organization and contact info
- Make a note of your deadline and plan accordingly
- Digital photos must be at least 1600 x 1200 pixels resolution, saved as a jpg file.
- Make sure there are people in the photo
- Provide information for each photo: identify who, what, where, when
Send Your Story/Materials to:
Phone: (916) 658-8234