The historic City of Sutter Creek – the Jewel of the Mother Lode – has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and forward thinking Chief of Police.
The preferred candidate will possess a management style that emphasizes high ethical standards, accountability, communication, teamwork and collaboration. The Chief must have a thorough knowledge of municipal police administration, technical and legal operating principles and a track record of strong and innovative leadership within a police department.
Candidates should have at least six years of progressively responsible supervisorial experience at a professional law enforcement agency; a BA/BS in administration of justice, public administration, or a related field is required. Possession of a California POST Management (or higher) certificate and valid driver’s license are required.
Successful completion of a comprehensive background examination, psychiatric examination and medical examination are required prior to appointment.
Deadline Information: REQUIRED application and supplemental questionnaire can be found under "Announcements" at www.cityofsuttercreek.org
Salary Range: $86,772 to $105,471
Benefits: The City offers a competitive benefit package including:
• Training allowance as approved by the City Manager annually
• Professional development (conference/memberships) allowance as approved by the City Manager annually
• $75 per month cell phone/PDA stipend
• Eighty hours vacation annually (increases with service credit)
• Eighty hours administrative time annually
• 3@50 Public Safety PERS plan (Classic PERS member) or 2.7@57 (new PERS member) with the employee paying the employee’s contribution;
• The employee’s portion of Social Security is also paid by the employee;
• Medical/dental/vision insurance: City pays $1300 per month toward medical, dental and vision insurance;
• Small life insurance policy is provided