*Salary range listed does not reflect the 10% pay reduction currently in place.
THE POSITION: Under general administrative direction of the City Manager, plans, organizes, manages, supervises, and coordinates the overall operations and facilities related to park and recreation programs, including Senior and community programs, aquatics, park activity programming, community centers, a Water Park, sports programs and recreation education; and to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in recreation administration, business or public administration, or a related field. Five years of full-time management and/or administrative experience in parks and recreation supervision, or a closely related field.
Benefits: • HEALTH AND WELFARE - Cafeteria Plan is provided with a City contribution for the purchase of health, dental, vision, life insurance, and the employee assistance program A cash payment option in lieu of benefits is available
• LIFE INSURANCE
• EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
• RETIREMENT - City-paid Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS): 2.7% @ 55 for classic/legacy members or 2.0% @ 62 for new members
• MEDICAL-AFTER-RETIREMENT ACCOUNT (MARA)
• SOCIAL SECURITY - The City participates in the Medicare portion only. Employee pays 1.45% of salary with matching contribution paid by City
• DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN - City offers a 457 Plan
• HOLIDAYS - 14 days per year/including 2 floating holidays
• VACATION - 11 to 25 days per year depending upon length of service