The City of San Bruno is located in San Mateo County, and is only 12 miles south of San Francisco. The Public Services Director will lead one of the City’s largest departments and is responsible for providing a broad scope of services in Engineering and Administration, Water, Garage, and Streets/ Stormwater/ Wastewater.
Requirements: 6 years of public works experience, including at least 2 years’ experience with utility operations is required. A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related field is required.
Deadline Information: Open continuous until filled.
Salary Range: $146,304 - $179,532
Benefits: COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The current salary range for this position is $146,304—$179,532 annually, DOQ. The City also provides an EXCELLENT benefits package, including:
· CalPERS retirement formula of 2.7% @ 55 for classic members or 2% @ 62 for new members
· Matching deferred compensation contribution of 1% of salary
· Medical, dental and vision benefits provided with employee contribution
· Life insurance equal to one year’s annual salary provided at no cost
· Opportunity for bilingual incentive pay up to 2.5% of salary
· Long term disability insurance provided at no cost
· Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plan
· Home loan assistance program, credit union membership, tuition reimbursement
· 10-23 days’ vacation per year depending on length of service, 12 days annual sick leave, 14.5 paid holidays, and 100 hours management leave per fiscal year.
· Reimbursement of up to $1,000 per fiscal year for employee-incurred expenses in the areas of professional reference materials, outside training materials, extra coursework, additional professional organization membership, home office, wellness and physical fitness activities
· City vehicle or opportunity for $300 per month auto allowance.