Have an Idea for An Article?
We are interested in articles written by city officials. We don’t feature or promote products, services or companies in editorial copy – for such promotions please contact the advertising manager.
Before you begin writing, we recommend that you contact us to discuss your story idea. You can reach the editor at email@example.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Features that cover several dimensions of a strategic issue
- Short items showcasing city success stories
- See our Editorial Calendar for scheduled topics.
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Keep length to 1000 words or less for a feature article.
- Use practical examples
- Use quotes from key people involved in the project or issue
- Include tips for city officials interested in doing something similar in their community
- Provide author’s name, title, organization and contact info
- Make a note of your deadline and plan accordingly
- Clear, in focus, at least 72dpi resolution
- Preferably people in the photo
- Provide information for each photo: identify who, what, where, when
SEND YOUR STORY/MATERIALS TO:
The Western City editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.